CROWN MEDIA SERVES UP A FEAST OF ORIGINAL HOLIDAY PROGRAMMING WITH ITS ‘THANKSGIVING WEEK MOVIE EVENT’, FEATURING TWELVE MOVIES OVER NINE NIGHTS ACROSS TWO NETWORKS
Event Reached 41 Million Unduplicated Viewers and Elevated Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries to Rank as the Top Two Household-Rated Networks on Cable Over Thanksgiving Weekend
New York, NY, November 29, 2018 – Crown Media Family Networks’ “Thanksgiving Week Movie Event” gave viewers a lot to be thankful for this year, with twelve new original holiday movies airing over nine nights across Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. Airing in conjunction with the channels’ signature holiday franchises “Countdown to Christmas” and “Miracles of Christmas”, the event boosted Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries to outperform the competition as the two highest-rated networks on cable over Thanksgiving weekend. Running from November 17-25, the two-network event reached a cumulative unduplicated audience of 41 million viewers.
To-date, Hallmark Channel’s “Countdown to Christmas” and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries’ “Miracles of Christmas” have reached a combined audience of 57 million unduplicated viewers.
Key Nielsen Highlight (L+SD) for Hallmark Channel
- The seven original movie premieres averaged a 3.4 Household rating, 3.8 million Total Viewers, and 715,000 Women 25-54
- Propelled by the Thanksgiving Week premieres, Hallmark Channel was the highest-rated and most-watched cable network of the week among Women 18-49 and Women 25-54 for the fourth consecutive week
- The November 25 premiere of “A Shoe Addict’s Christmas”, featuring Candace Cameron Bure, ranked as second highest-rated and most-watched non-sports cable program of the week among Households, Women 25-54, and Total Viewers
- “A Shoe Addict’s Christmas” also becomes the #1 most-social original movie premiere of the holiday season to-date (10/22-11/25) and Hallmark Channel’s second most-watched original movie premiere in network history among Women 18-34
Key Nielsen Highlight (L+SD) for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
- The five original movie premieres averaged a 1.8 Household rating, 1.6 million Total Viewers, and 240,000 Women 25-54
- Elevated by the Thanksgiving Week premieres, network was the #2 Household-rated cable network of the weekend and was a top ten most-watched cable network for the week among Households
- The November 24 premiere of “Christmas on Honeysuckle Lane” boosted Saturday to become the network’s most-watched day in history among Women 25-54
- Elevated network to be a top 3 rated and most-watched cable network for the weekend among Households and Total Viewers, excluding news and sports
Source: Nielsen, November 12-25, 2018
Contact: Megan Van Tine | 212-445-6694 | MeganVanTine@CrownMedia.com
ABOUT CROWN MEDIA FAMILY NETWORKS
Crown Media Family Networks is the umbrella unit subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc., housing cable’s leading family friendly networks, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama. Hallmark Channel features an ambitious slate of new, original content, including movies, scripted series, annual specials, and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show.Hallmark Channel is also home to the popular annual holiday franchise “Countdown to Christmas,”featuring a lineup of 24/7 holiday programming. Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is a 24-hour cable network featuring a unique mix of new, original movies and acquired series focused on the lighter side of the suspense and mystery genres. The network also features its own annual holiday programming franchise, “Miracles of Christmas”. Hallmark Drama showcases the rich legacy of the Hallmark Hall of Fame library and with zero duplication, spotlights movies and series from Crown Media’s collection of original dramatic content. Crown Media Family Networks is also home to Hallmark Movies Now, the company’s subscription streaming service, which offers wholly distinct content from the company’s linear channels. Crown Media Family Networks’ digital publishing extension, Hallmark Publishing, is an eBook division that creates novelizations of previously aired original movie favorites. It also accepts author submissions for original, on-brand manuscripts that can be greenlit as a new movie or series for one of the company’s three linear networks.
For more information, please visit www.crownmediapress.com
Hallmark Drama on Social Media: Twitter
Hallmark Publishing on Social Media: Twitter
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.