HALLMARK CHANNEL CLOSES IN ON A VICTORIOUS HOLIDAY RUN
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Debuts Highest-Rated Original Movie of All Time; Trails Hallmark Channel as the Second Highest-Rated Network of the Weekend
New York, NY, December 18, 2018 – “Countdown to Christmas” continues to be a ratings boon for Hallmark Channel, with network’s two most recent original holiday premieres, “Entertaining Christmas” and “A Gingerbread Romance”, registering as the highest-rated and most-watched programs of the day on their respective air dates (December 15-16). Moreover, the premieres elevated the network to be the highest-rated and most-watched on cable for the seventh consecutive week among Women 18-49 and Women 25-54.
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries’ “Miracles of Christmas” event also demonstrated the appetite for Crown Media’s distinct brand of holiday programming, with this past weekend’s original movie premieres, “Northern Lights of Christmas” and “Small Town Christmas”, boosting the network to rank as the second highest-rated on cable for the entire weekend, behind sister network Hallmark Channel. Saturday evening’s premiere of “Northern Lights of Christmas” was a particular draw, tying this season’s original holiday movie premiere, “Once Upon a Christmas Miracle”, for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries’ highest-rated original movie premiere in network history.
Hallmark Channel’s “Countdown to Christmas” and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries’ “Miracles of Christmas” have reached a combined audience of 69.2 million unduplicated viewers to-date.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Channel
- Overall, Hallmark Channel has been the highest-rated and most-watched network on cable for seven consecutive weeks among Women 18-49 and Women 25-54
- To-date “Countdown to Christmas” has reached 60 million unduplicated viewers
- The December 15 premiere of “Entertaining Christmas” averaged a 2.6 Household rating, 2.7 million Total Viewers, and 458,000 Women 25-54 and was the highest-rated and most-watched program of the day among Households and Total Viewers
- The December 16 premiere of “A Gingerbread Romance” averaged a 2.5 Household rating, 2.7 million Total Viewers, and 558,000 Women 25-54 and lifted Hallmark Channel to be the highest-rated and most-watched cable network of the weekend among Households, Women 18-49, Women 25-54, Adult 18-49, Adults 25-54 and Total Viewers
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
- To-date “Miracles of Christmas” has reached 37 million unduplicated viewers
- Both “Northern Lights of Christmas” and “Small Town Christmas” elevated the network to rank as the #2 Household-rated cable network for the entire weekend
- The December 15 premiere of “Northern Lights of Christmas” averaged a 2.5 Household rating, 2.1 million Total Viewers, and 287,000 Women 25-54 and was the highest household-rated original movie premiere in network history
Source: Nielsen, December 10-16, 2018
ABOUT CROWN MEDIA FAMILY NETWORKS
Crown Media Family Networks is the umbrella unit subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc., housing cable’s leading family friendly networks, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama. Hallmark Channel features an ambitious slate of new, original content, including movies, scripted series, annual specials, and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show.Hallmark Channel is also home to the popular annual holiday franchise “Countdown to Christmas,”featuring a lineup of 24/7 holiday programming. Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is a 24-hour cable network featuring a unique mix of new, original movies and acquired series focused on the lighter side of the suspense and mystery genres. The network also features its own annual holiday programming franchise, “Miracles of Christmas”. Hallmark Drama showcases the rich legacy of the Hallmark Hall of Fame library and with zero duplication, spotlights movies and series from Crown Media’s collection of original dramatic content. Crown Media Family Networks is also home to Hallmark Movies Now, the company’s subscription streaming service, which offers wholly distinct content from the company’s linear channels. Crown Media Family Networks’ digital publishing extension, Hallmark Publishing, is an eBook division that creates novelizations of previously aired original movie favorites. It also accepts author submissions for original, on-brand manuscripts that can be greenlit as a new movie or series for one of the company’s three linear networks.
For more information, please visit www.crownmediapress.com
Hallmark Drama on Social Media: Twitter
Hallmark Publishing on Social Media: Twitter
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.