VIEWERS CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF HALLMARK CHANNEL’S “COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS”
Network Ranks as #1 in Fourth Week of Signature Holiday Event;
Reaches 42 Million Unduplicated Viewers To-Date
New York, NY, November 20, 2018 – Hallmark Channel’s “Countdown to Christmas” continues to attract the viewers and buoy the network as a top destination in cable. In its fourth consecutive weekend of original holiday movie premieres, the programming event has once again elevated the network to be #1 for the entire weekend.
This past Saturday’s original holiday premiere, “Christmas at Graceland”, ranked as the top cable program of the day and the highest-rated and most-watched program of the week among Households. Additionally, Sunday night’s debut of “Christmas in Evergreen: Letters to Santa” became the second highest-rated and most-watched program of the day and boosted Hallmark Channel to be the #1 network on Sunday.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Channel
Hallmark Channel has been the highest-rated and most-watched network on cable for three consecutive weeks among Women 25-54, Women 18-49, Households, and Total Viewers
Saturday, November 17– “Christmas at Graceland”:
- Averaged a 4.2 Household rating, 4.7 million Total Viewers, and 845,000 Women 25-54
- Out-delivered all four broadcast networks in the 8-10pm time period among Households, Women 18-34, Women 18-49, Women 25-54, and Total Viewers
- Was the highest-rated and most-watched cable program of the day and of the week
- Elevated network to be highest-rated and most-watched on Saturday
- Is Hallmark Channel’s highest-rated and most-watched original telecast of 2018 to-date
Sunday, November 18 – “Christmas in Evergreen: Letters to Santa”:
- Averaged a 3.5 Household rating, 4 million Total Viewers, and 799,000 Women 25-54
- Ranked as the second highest-rated and most-watched program of the day and third highest-rated and most-watched program of the week
- Boosted Hallmark Channel to rank #1 among Households and all key demographics on Sunday
Source: Nielsen, November 12-18, 2018
Contact: Megan Van Tine, 212-445-6694 MeganVanTine@CrownMedia.com
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned by Hallmark Cards, Inc., is Crown Media Family Networks’ flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 86 million homes. As the country’s leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. In addition to its signature new, original movies, the network features an ambitious lineup of other new, original content, including scripted primetime series, such as “Good Witch,” “When Calls the Heart” and “Chesapeake Shores”; annual specials including “Kitten Bowl”and “Hero Dog Awards”; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, “Home & Family.” Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life’s special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises, including “Countdown to Christmas,” “Countdown to Valentine’s Day,” “Summer Nights,” “Fall Harvest” and “Winterfest.” Rounding out the network’s diverse slate are some of television’s most beloved comedies and series, including “The Golden Girls” and “Frasier.”
For more information, please visit www.crownmediapress.com
To visit the network website, please visit www.hallmarkchannel.com
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.